What to do after an accident
Auto accidents are unexpected and stressful. Even the most careful drivers may be involved. If you are in an accident, our personal injury attorneys are committed to helping restore your peace of mind as soon as possible. Here are a few things to remember immediately after you have been involved in an accident.
Immediately after an accident
- Take a deep breath and stay calm.
- Check for injuries; call an ambulance when in doubt.
- Call the police, even if the accident is minor.
- Do not sign any document unless it’s for the police.
- Make immediate notes about the accident, including specific damages to all vehicles involved, and witness information.
- Take pictures of the vehicles, the location, and the people involved.
- Write down contact information for the other driver and get his/her insurance information and license plate number.
- Be polite, but don’t tell anyone the accident was your fault, even if you think it was.
- Do not leave the accident scene before the police and other drivers do.
- Call the personal injury attorneys at Negretti & Associates.